Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dallas Stars--4 OT, postponed the OS posts

Okay, so I said yesterday that I would have the first part of the three part series about Mac vs. Windows vs. Linux, but I lied. The Dallas Stars game is about to go into the fourth overtime and I really can't concentrate long enough while listening to the game to write a good post. Yes, I am only listening to this game because here in Oklahoma we didn't get it on TV, so I am forced to listen to the web broadcast. I will do my best to get the first part out tomorrow.

Even though I can't offer you a post about operating systems (OS), I did learn a neat trick for all of you Firefox users. If you've ever wondered if you can open up multiple tabs as your homepage (or even if you haven't) well I will tell you how to do that right now! First of all you need to open up Firefox. Then:
  • Go to the Tools Menu on the Menu Bar at the top of the page
  • Click on Options at the bottom of the menu
  • Make Sure the Main (it may have a different name in your browser) tab is open. This tab should have the homepage settings on it.
  • Place your cursor after the homepage you have currently and insert a vertical line "|"
  • The vertical line is a combination of (Shift+\)
  • Add another web page. You can add as many as you want.
Hope this has been a cool tip because I have always wondered if this was possible. Well now that you know that I hope by the time you have read this that the Stars have won! Keep on the look out for the first part of that operating system post! Take it easy.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment