Friday, April 06, 2007

Summer internship.

Everyone is searching for a job or internship this summer and I am not exception to this. I have been searching for an internship to gain some experience over the summer but haven't had any luck until yesterday. Most companies only have internships for juniors and seniors because they are more experienced than freshman. I got an email from OU career services about an internship at Site Selection Group, a company that helps large corporations find locations for distribution centers, call centers, and other things of the sort. They contact communities around the world and gather information from them. Information like:
  • Education
  • Demographics
  • Population
  • Tax Rates
This gives companies a good idea of what would happen if they moved some of their offices or other buildings to the community. So, I contacted the VP of this company and he set up phone interview with me. This was a very new thing for me because I have always done interviews in person. The interview went very well and the VP seemed like a nice person. He told me about what the company does and what I would be doing over the summer. My job would be to enter data into databases, it would be a good experience and I would be making $10 an hour and working 40 hours a week. I'm hoping to hear if I got this internship next week, so here's for hoping.

Here's a link to the company: Site Selection Group

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment